Girdwood is an unincorporated year-round ski resort community within the Municipality of Anchorage in the U.S. state of Alaska. It lies in a valley in the Chugach Mountains near the end of the Turnagain Arm of Cook Inlet, 36 miles (61 km) southeast of Anchorage proper.
It is surrounded by seven permanent glaciers. Summer activities include hiking, fishing and rafting, but Girdwood is best known for winter skiing and snowboarding at Alyeska Resort on Mount Alyeska. Girdwood also hosts the Girdwood Forest Fair every summer. Girdwood has the northernmost rain forest in the world.
Girdwood Real Estate Listings
Active Listings in Girdwood
- L3 Verbier Way Girdwood, AK 99587
Sold Listings in Girdwood
- L8 Hottentot Mine Road Girdwood, AK 99587
- 305 Crystal Mountain Road #C-5 Girdwood, AK 99587
- 278 Hottentot Mine Road Girdwood, AK 99587
- 118 Monarch Mine Road Girdwood, AK 99587
- 244 Olympic Mountain Loop #404s Girdwood, AK 99587
- 923 Timberline Drive Girdwood, AK 99587
- 350 Hightower Road #C206 Girdwood, AK 99587
Walk Score for Girdwood
Girdwood School Data
Girdwood School Districts
We’re sorry, we were unable to load the school district data. Please check back soon.
- Girdwood School
- PK-8, public