Girdwood is an unincorporated year-round ski resort community within the Municipality of Anchorage in the U.S. state of Alaska. It lies in a valley in the Chugach Mountains near the end of the Turnagain Arm of Cook Inlet, 36 miles (61 km) southeast of Anchorage proper.
It is surrounded by seven permanent glaciers. Summer activities include hiking, fishing and rafting, but Girdwood is best known for winter skiing and snowboarding at Alyeska Resort on Mount Alyeska. Girdwood also hosts the Girdwood Forest Fair every summer. Girdwood has the northernmost rain forest in the world.
Girdwood Real Estate Listings
Active Listings in Girdwood
Sold Listings in Girdwood
- 282 Crystal Mountain Road #204s Girdwood, AK 99587
- 282 Crystal Mountain Road #201s Girdwood, AK 99587
- 333 Timberline Drive Girdwood, AK 99587
- 282 Crystal Mountain Road #210 Girdwood, AK 99587
- 131 Cervin Circle Girdwood, AK 99587
- 314 Crystal Mountain Road #206 Girdwood, AK 99587
- 904 Alpine Meadows Avenue Girdwood, AK 99587
- 153 Northland Road Girdwood, AK 99587
- 330 Hightower Road #B303 Girdwood, AK 99587
Walk Score for Girdwood
Girdwood School Data
Girdwood School Districts
We’re sorry, we were unable to load the school district data. Please check back soon.
- Girdwood School
- PK-8, public